scout group was originally formed in 1957 as 36th Bolton 1st.
Turton, St. Anne's Scout Group which was situated in the then
South East Lancashire county, Bolton District. Reverend
William Morgan was the Group Scout Master at this time. The
group had a chequered start being closed in 1957, reopened in
1958 though again closing in 1973. After two years the group
reopened in 1975 keeping the original group title. On 31st
January 2004 the group transferred from Greater Manchester North
to East Lancashire County, Darwen District. As a result of the
change we renamed the group simply 1st Turton, St. Anne's. The
group is sponsored by our local parish church, St. Anne's,
Turton with St. James' Mission Church, Edgworth.
group meet at the church hall of St. James' church situated on
Blackburn Road, Edgworth